Linux Based Email Servers
We support and install a variety of Linux Open Source email servers and associated open source pieces to compliment these servers.
These Linux servers typically utilize Sendmail or Postfix for the Mail Transport Agent (SMTP Server).
The typically feature the following:
- ClamD antivirus engine (Free open source and owned by Cisco)
- Additional commercial antivirus engines where budget allows. Sophos works well with this system and is inexpensive.
- Razor, Pyzor, DCC and Bayesian Engine anti spam plugins for SpamAssasssin
- RBLDNSD realtime blacklist service for your own RBL needs. We offer our clients free RSYNC of our list that is modified daily.
- Public RBL lists, Barracuda - Spamcop
- MailScanner open source package is the foundation of the scanning packages and catalogs email transactions to MySQL database
- MailWatch open source package is the web based manager for MailScanner and your resource for whitelisting and blacklisting
- These servers are perfect for a stand-alone email server solution and are also perfectly suited for a scanning gateway for Exchange Server
These Linux email servers are bullet proof and there is little to no software cost when utilizing these fantastic open source applications.
We service, install and configure Microsoft Exchange servers both on physical and virtual servers. Hyper-V and VMWare.
In a virtual environment we strongly suggest one of our Linux MailScanner virtual machines be installed to act as a gateway and smarthost for your Exchange server in order to best control virus, malware and spam scanning of your incoming and outgoing email.